Have you ever wanted to read the entire Bible? It’s pretty amazing!
Just over 14 years ago I read through the Bible, cover to cover, in 90 days… Yes, the whole thing, straight through, from Genesis to Revelation.
The experience changed me. It enabled me to finally understand the relationship with Christ I had been growing over the years. I felt like I was finally hearing Him clearly and finally I felt that He must be hearing me, too.
Reading the entire Bible 90 days also helped me to complete a goal I had for many years, and it enabled me to get an excellent overall perspective of the Word and see just how beautifully every piece fit together. Many questions I had were answered… and those questions that weren’t, lost their importance. And now, every single sermon is different for me and more complete, because I know the context of scriptures quoted– or at least most of the time I do.
I wanted to read the entire bible for years before I finally did it. I am convinced that reading it in a group of accountability partners helped me to keep going when life seemed to get in the way. I know I would not have done it had it not been for Ted Cooper and his Bible in 90 Days ministry.
Since reading the Bible in 90 days myself (Okay, I confess, the first pass actually took me 100 days.) I’ve hosted thousands in reading the Bible in 90 Days both in person and online via accountability groups here on MomsToolbox. Guiding others has been an equally amazing experience.
I’m not sure when I will host again here on MomsToolbox, but I’m always here to help you if you would like to pull a group together and take on this amazing challenge.
Here are a few tips to reading the Bible in 90 Days:
Read with a group– Accountability sure helps.
- Form a group of those who also want to read the Bible and do it together.
- Ask 2 others to read with you in a small accountability group.
- Join a group that has already formed and read with that group.
- Eh-HEM– We’ve got a group forming soon HERE on MomsToolbox!!
Schedule the time to read– It won’t just happen if you just hope to get it done
- Build an hour and a half of reading time into each day of the 90 days.
- Read it all at once or schedule chunks of time throughout the day.
Do the reading!
- Yes, read every word.
- Carry your Bible everywhere.
- Seize extra moments throughout the day to read. (You can even read while waiting for a pot to boil while cooking. Every word counts.)
- If you miss your set time, schedule extra time the next day or on the weekend.
Don’t study– Remember this is a reading plan, not a study plan.
- Focus on reading only.
- Trust God to reveal to you what you NEED to know when you need to know it.
- If you must, keep a journal to quickly record your questions to refer back to after you finish reading the entire Bible.
Reading the Bible in 90 days is a challenging, yet worthy challenge. It’s not easy, but it is amazing and life-changing. You WILL remember more than you think you will. You WILL end up understanding more than you think you will. And you will hear God if you just listen as you read His word.
I’ve hosted several sessions of read-throughs on MomsToolbox, both cover to cover, which I recommend for the first read through, at least, and also chronologically.