I am THRILLED that tomorrow brings another session of the Bible in 90 Days on MomsToolbox. I am absolutely looking forward to reading the Word with you, cover to cover, Genesis to Revelation, once again.
Before we begin, I thought I’d give a quick how-to to get you ready and make sure we are all working together.
Here are a few basic principles and guidelines of the Bible in 90 Days program:
Bible in 90 Days is a READING plan.
The objective of the Bible in 90 Days program is that you read, attentively, every word of the Bible.
This is not a listening plan, nor is it a inductive study plan, or any study plan, for that matter. Your goal in reading with me is that you read every single word of the Bible, cover to cover, Genesis to Revelation, in the next 90 days.
We will not study or interpret the scriptures here. I do pray that you will listen to what God reveals to you in each day’s reading, however… and that you treasure that in your heart.
Please do not research answers or get side-tracked by footnotes and references. Just read the scripture. Each Monday I will post a few resources to help in the coming week’s reading. If you need answers beyond that, record your questions for later, once the 90 days are finished, and you have read the entire Bible and research them then.
You MUST check in two ways each week.
- You must comment on the weekly check in post on MomsToolbox each Monday as to whether you are up to date in your reading or not.
- You must email your mentor to let her know how you are doing each week.
Accountability is a challenge over the internet. After helping thousands of people complete the reading through the last several years, I have learned that check-ins online and check-ins with mentors are a key factor in success.
Please look for the check in posts each Monday on MomsToolbox and let us know how you are doing by leaving a comment in the comments section. Just let us know if you are up to date or not and then feel free to add encouraging comments for others, or request prayer. I might ask an additional question for those who would like to answer, but just letting us know if you are up to date is all that is needed.
If you registered, your mentor will be in touch with you soon so that you will know how to reach her. These mentors are AMAZING women committed to helping you. Please stay in touch with them, especially if you are faced with big challenges or think it might be time to give up. They are there for you.
Where is the Bible in 90 Days reading plan?
- You can download the Bible in 90 Days reading plan on MomsToolbox.
- I will post each day’s reading the evening before that day on MomsToolbox.
- I will also post each day’s reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
** Just a heads-up: I am the CEO of a tech startup in the wine industry. As a result, I post images of wines and other alcoholic beverage on Twitter and Instagram. If you prefer not to see those, do not follow me on those social networks.
What Bible should I read?
It really helps if you start with the official Bible in 90 Days Bible or at minimum, an NIV with minimal footnotes. I promise my goal (and even the ministry’s goal) is not to get you to buy another Bible. Yes, you can read your own Bible, but you chance of success is much greater of you use this specific Bible. And don’t you want to finish this time? (And no, that was NOT an affiliate link.)
Here are a few reasons why this particular Bible will help you:
- It is an NIV translation, which is a direct translation yet still easy to read.
- It has nice large type to keep your eyes from getting tired.
- There are minimal footnotes and cross-references to keep you from getting distracted from the passage/ story at hand.
- It is only an inch thick, which isn’t too overwhelming.
- It is pretty small in size, so you can take it with you anywhere (and you’ll need to).
- 12 pages a day isn’t too intimidating, and that’s what you’ll read with this Bible.
- Each day’s reading is clearly indicated to keep you on track.
How long will it take each day?
Plan on setting aside and hour and fifteen minutes a day for the next 90 days to read. For some of you, it will be faster, and for some, it may take a bit longer. Budget that amount of time and you will be set up for success.
The key is to budget the time– this reading will not ‘just happen.’ Plan when you will read And don’t break the appointment.
So, are you ready to read the Bible in 90 Days with me?
We begin reading Monday morning and I’m thrilled to begin reading with you soon. I’ll be praying for you and with you.
Let’s do this!