I hope you are having a lot of fun with Operation Intentional #Kindness. I’ve noticed that not only have I been more intentional in showing kindness, but I’ve also appreciated it even more when others have shown me kindness, too, in both big and little ways.
Last week a gentleman stood in the rain to hold the door for me, even though I was pretty far away when he started holding the door. I loved that. Simple things like that go a long way with me.
In January I had surgery for my very first time. I decided to bring donuts for the medical teams and taped a thank you note onto my chart that would stay with me in the OR. My husband thought it was a bit over the top, but I wanted everyone to know how much I appreciated the fact that they were there looking after me.
What about you? Tell me how your January went as you shared kindness. And let me know what you think of the assignments for February:
(Pick 3 of the five to do this month.)
This month’s assignments for Operation Intentional #Kindness are:
- Write a real letter or card (on paper, email does not count) to someone just to say hello and share something positive.
- Buy a giftcard while dining out ($5 to $50 or more… your call!) and give it to someone at a different table. Or, bring an additional coupon and share it with a diner you do not know.
- Tip way more than normal at a restaurant, hair or nail salon or any place tipping is acceptable.
- Don’t talk on the phone while buying something at a store. Instead hang up when it is your turn (or don’t accept a call), look the cashier in the eye, smile, pay a compliment and say thank you when you leave. (Even if he or she was a little cranky.)
- Greet your kids with a warm smile when you see them after school and/or when you first see them in the morning. Do the same thing with your spouse first thing in the morning and when he returns from work in the evening.
Remember, you only have to choose three assignments to do each month, but you are always welcome to do more.
Thanks for joining in and sharing kindness with those around you!
To learn more about Operation Intentional #Kindness, or to get the code to place the button on your own site, please click over to the introductory post of Operation Intentional #Kindness.
And, as always, please let me know how this mission is going for you or share more ideas for intentional kindness in the comments….