Want to help me spread more joy and kindness this year?
Random acts of kindness are awesome, but what if we could be intentional about these acts of kindness, and not let a week (or day) go by when we didn’t share some joy with those around us with kind gestures?
Robyn, a friend of mine from high school, celebrated her birthday one year by committing one act of kindness for each year of her life, all in one day. She had a blast making other people’s day and her tweets about it inspired me to celebrate her birthday with my own acts of kindness that day, too. (Now she has established an organization to help people to do the same.)
The opportunities for kindness are out there, and I have no doubt many of you are taking those opportunities each and every day. But sometimes, we might need a little push, a simple reminder, a kindness assignment. And together we can share a LOT of kindness!
That’s why I am launching Operation Intentional #Kindness.
On the third Sunday of the month, here on MomsToolbox, I will post 5 kindness assignments as a part of Operation Intentional #Kindness. Throughout the month ahead it will be your mission (should you choose to accept it) to perform at least 3 of the kindness assignments posted.
These won’t be difficult. And because you’ll have 5 to choose from, I’m sure you’ll find a few that will be a cinch to do.
Then, let me know how it goes. Report back in the comments so we know you’re in and making a commitment to be intentional about kindness.
If you have any of your own ideas of ways to show intentional kindness, please share them so I can add them to our list of assignments.
Bloggers, feel free to grab my button to use on your own sites and invite your readers to join us.
Let’s be intentional about being kind.
Operation Intentional #Kindness January Assignments:
(Choose at least 3 of the following to do this month. I’ll post a new assignment list the third Sunday of each month.)
- Put quarters in and then tape more coins on a vending machine with a note. (Thanks, Robyn, for this kind idea)
- Race ahead and hold the door for someone… or linger and hold it for someone who is waaaay behind you.
- Compliment 2 people you don’t know who look a bit down. (Don’t mention that they look down, just share some love.)
- De-cluttering? Donate gently-used books to your local hospital, school, or library fund-raiser.
- Take some treats or a fruit and veggie tray into the office, or send it to your spouse’s office, kid’s school or doctor’s office. (There must be someone you can surprise!)
Other Operation Intentional #Kindness Posts:
- Operation Intentional #Kindness
- Operation Intentional #Kindness: February Missions
- Operation Intentional #Kindness: March Missions
- Operation Intentional #Kindness: April Missions
- Operation Intentional #Kindness: May Missions
- Operation Intentional #Kindness: June Missions
- Operation Intentional #Kindness July Missions
- Operation Intentional #Kindness: August Missions
Do you accept this mission? Tell me what you think in the comments…
New Year, New You
I’m joining forces with 5 other bloggers to better ourselves and help you, too, with our New Year, New You series.
Once you’ve decided on which assignments you’ll complete ( :) ) click over and check out what these other ladies have to share about losing weight, setting goals, meal planning, saving money and much, much more. It’s gonna be a great year!
- Erin from $5 Dinners
- Rachel from Surviving the Stores
- Stephanie from Couponing 101
- Sarah from Give Me Neither
- Lynn from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures