I’ve really enjoyed celebrating the 12 days of Christmas with 7 other bloggers this year. I learned a lot from each blogger’s posts and I had a blast compiling my 12 days of tips, too.
Here are a few of my favorites from each of the other sites participating:
Looking to make some really clever homemade Christmas gifts? The Happy Housewife has rounded up the best 100 of the web for you. One that I really like is the no-sew wine bag. (Of course, the fact that I also write VineSleuth Uncorked, a wine blog for casual wine drinkers, might have made it obvious I’d love that one!!)
My kids and I are going to make some homemade candy bars thanks to Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. I think we’ll start with the Homemade Crunch Bars! (We might also have to make some of her Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix this week, too!)
Surviving the Stores offered tons of great money-saving tips and her ideas for saving money during holiday travel were right on!
The Thrifty Mama showed us all sorts of fun ways to serve up fruit… and I’m always looking for new, creative (and still simple) ways to keep healthy food interesting at parties and at home.
1+1+1+1 created a fantastic nativity pack for FREE download. The activities are perfect for preschoolers to do at home, whether you homeschool or not. I even sent the link to it to my children’s school (but I plan to use the activities next week at home, too!)
Songbird offered gorgeous Christmas decorating ideas. Her bedroom Christmas decorations are so cozy, but everything she shared was beautiful!!
I love Life as Mom’s clutter-free stocking stuffer ideas. I’m definitely borrowing a few of her ideas for our own stockings.
Miss any days here on MomsTravelTales? Here are my 12 Days of Christmas Travel Tips:
- Day 1: One pep talk about family travel
- Day 2: The two best ways to manage a time zone change
- Day 3: Three reasons to consider a hotel staycation in December
- Day 4: Four ways to minimize stress on travel days
- Day 5: Five ways to be a gracious overnight houseguest
- Day 6: Six ideas for pampering overnight guests
- Day 7: Seven people to tip when traveling (and how much)
- Day 8: Eight tips for international travel
- Day 9: Nine secrets for a great hotel stay with kids
- Day 10: Ten tips for a better flight with kids
- Day 11: Eleven tried and true ways to beat boredom while waiting
- Day 12: Twelve things I’ve learned about travel with kids