Have you ever wanted to read the entire Bible, but haven’t made the time to do it yet? Have you read it all before, and feel a need to go for it once again?
Choose your reading path:
Do you want to read cover to cover, Genesis to Revelations, or do you want to read chronologically? I’m partnering with previous #B90Days mentor Carrie to offer you a choice: You can read cover to cover with me on MomsToolbox, OR you can read chronologically with Carrie and her group, getting group encouragement through a group Facebook page.
It all starts TOMORROW, Monday, July 18.
Is your life crazy-town busy? Mine, too!
I’m actually tapping this post out in a hotel in Italy on a work trip between meetings. (Truth be told: I started it in Italy a few days ago and am finishing it in England. I have two more countries to visit for meetings before I fly home at the end of the week.) This fall will bring an even busier time for me, but I know I can find an hour each day to read God’s word. I already know I spend too much time here and there scrolling through social media. If I can break that up into chunks and do it here and there, then why can’t I do the same with God’s word and read truth?
Yep, you read that right, it’ll take about an hour each day for 90 days straight to read the whole thing, if you are committed. Some days the reading is more challenging and some days it flies, so an hour is only an average. You can read all at once or break it up. You can read a bound Bible or an ebook. You can read whatever version you like– but the New International Version really IS the best one to read for this purpose. (It’s clear and to the point. When you’re reading THIS much, that’s important.)
Yep, some of the Bible will make you angry. Yep, you will question if you really ARE getting everything you should be when you are reading at such a break-neck speed. Yep, things will jump in your way to stop you many, many times. And YEP, sticking to it will be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and worth EVERY minute you spent doing it.
And yep, you can take your pick of formats and read the whole thing with either of us… the choice is up to you! How cool is that?!
For those who have read with me in the past, this session will be a bit different on MomsToolbox. Here’s how:
- There will not be mentor groups. (Instead, consider encouraging in-person friends to join you to keep you accountable.)
- If you want to listen instead of reading for all or part, that’s okay with me.
- There won’t be Twitter parties.
- There won’t be daily posts on MomsToolbox (Instead I will post weekly, with the whole week’s reading assignment posted on Mondays.
- I won’t be able to be as involved in encouraging you. (I’m sorry, but I have to be honest with myself and this time I need to focus on the reading and other tasks. My business is really starting to take off and it needs me, as does my family. I know I need this reading again, and I’d love for you to join me, but I just cannot spend as much time on social media this time as I usually do. I hope this honesty doesn’t turn you off. I figured inviting you to join and giving the disclaimer was better than no invitation or, worse yet, not reading. So, there you have it.)
Here’s how it will be the same:
Mondays will be check in days. Every Monday I will post the coming week’s reading schedule as well as share a few thoughts on my progress and invite you to do the same in the comments section. Sharing a comment each Monday will help all of us to stay accountable, so please do not skip this part.
We will read every single word of the Bible. (Yep, all of it. This is not an abridged reading plan.)
I will be praying for all of us to hear HIM!
So…what do you think? Would you like to join either Carrie or me in reading the entire Bible over the next 90 days?
If you’d like to read it cover to cover, come back here to MomsToolbox tomorrow, Monday, July 18, for the first week of reading assignments.
Either way, invite a few friends to join you. Neither they nor you will regret one moment you spend reading His Word.