If you are participating in the Bible in 90 Days challenge, today you are on Day 32 and should have read through the end of page 384 in the Bible in 90 Days Bible or through 2 Chronicles 23:15.
Today we get to hear from Ted Cooper, Jr., who founded the Bible in 90 Days concept and ministry. I feel extremely fortunate to have been able to meet Ted when I did, and to have read the bible in its entirety thanks to him.
Watching the ministry grow from photocopied notes and one church to a nationwide program has been extremely exciting. A few months ago Td mentioned that he’s like for Bible in 90 Days to go viral. Well, I think we’ve taken it there!
Here are Ted’s thoughts:
Last November, Amy was attending a fundraiser for the Bible in 90 Days ministry when she suggested the idea of blogging through the Bible in 90 days.
My first response was, “Great.” My second was, “Oh no.”
You see, I was thrilled that bloggers would attract a new audience to the process of reading the entire Bible. After all, that is the heart of our ministry.
But I was also concerned. I know that community is a critical element in helping people complete the journey successfully. Could an electronic community replace the fellowship and accountability that have made the program so successful in churches and small groups throughout the country?
We kicked the idea around for a month. All the while Amy became more and more convicted to pursue the initiative. So we said, sure, let’s go for it.
Now, as we enter day 32 of Blogging thru the Bible in 90 Days, I have to say there is a LOT to be encouraged about:
- A woman who’d left the church long ago began attending again because of her reading
- A woman who home schools her SEVEN children is not only keeping up with her reading in the midst of the daily onslaught, but is inspiring others to take up their Bibles and read as well
- Through Amy’s efforts and those of her cohorts, 140 bloggers and their readers are participating in the journey in some fashion
- Each Monday night from 8-9 PM CST a regular group meets online via a Twitter Party. Everyone is invited to join to ask questions and share experiences. (As an aside, the Twitter Party ends promptly at nine, as a high proportion of attendees appear to have 9 PM appointment with Castle on ABC :) ). (Note to Ted: I think that’s a coincidence. I think everyone is reading!!)
- So many people are visiting our website for features like Listening While You Read and our weekly online lessons that we had to double the audio bandwidth from our Web provider
- Hundreds of you have signed up for our B90 Daily Messages to receive encouragement, thoughts to ponder, and suggestions for additional resources.
Ultimately, the success of this initiative lies with how well we are supporting you in taking this journey of a lifetime through God’s Word. So, would you be willing to take a few minutes to complete an anonymous survey, so we’ll know how this journey is impacting you… and how we might help you further? You can take this survey at:
In Isaiah 55:11 God makes clear that His Word will not return to Him void, “…but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” Our prayer is that each of you successfully read God’s Word from cover to cover. Given the promise in Isaiah, imagine how this experience can transform your life, and those of the people you touch each and every day.
Please know that our ministry is here to help you at all points on the journey.
Yours in Christ,
Ted Cooper Jr.
Founder, Bible in 90 Days – The Ministry
Okay, it’s me again…
Thanks for jumping in on this journey with me! Please do click over and take the survey.. I know that Ted really counts on and uses that data. It’s a short survey so please pop over and click through it.
Because of the nature of our group, we have very little data on who is actually reading with us, so please click over and take the very short survey. And if you are a blogger participating, please mention this post and survey on your blog and encourage your readers who might also be reading to swing by and take the survey, too. Even if you don’t think anyone is reading with you, please mention this just in case.
And, of course, also, let us know how your reading is going via the MckLinky or comments. Can you believe we are 1/3 of the way in? Two months to go!
Please leave a comment or a link to your own post below to let us know where you are in the reading and any observations you would like to share.
Then, please pick two or three other commenters and pray for them by name.
Powered by MckLinky
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…
And, of course, don’t forget to join us for our Tweet-Up tonight from 8-9 CST. Just follow me and use the #B90Days hashtag. I’ve been saving the transcripts from our Tweet-Ups the past two weeks. If anyone has any tips on publishing them, I’d love your input. (One is 89 pages in a Word document!!)
Also, I’ve just created a MomsToolbox fan page on Facebook so we’ll have yet another place to discuss our reading. Swing by sometime and leave a comment or reply to someone else’s.
Alright, link up, leave a comment and let us know how you are doing…