Welcome Bible in 90 Days/ Blogging Through the Bible in 90 Days participants! I am thrilled that you decided to join us in reading every word of the Bible between now and October 5.
If you are up to date, you should have read to page 96 in the Bible in 90 Days Bible or to Leviticus 14:32.
At the end of this post I will invite to share your progress with us. Please leave a comment letting us know where you are in the reading, whether you are caught up, racing to catch up or even feeling a bit frustrated. For more on check-in posts, please see this post. Bloggers, you are invited to share your progress with a comment or a link to your own blog post in the linky.
Now, on to a a message from Ted Cooper, who created the Bible in 90 Days program after reading the Bible in 90 Days himself and becoming a Christian as a result…
How exciting is this? Amy reports that over 500 of you are joining MomsToolBox.com in reading the entire Bible this summer. Imagine how each of you will be impacted… and how then you will be able to impact your family, friends and churches.
What you are doing is simple, in concept: reading God’s Word… all of it… from cover to cover… like we do a novel.
It is the bestselling book EVER. So it makes sense for us to read it. And, it seems very likely that the Author meant for us to experience ALL of it – not just bits and pieces of it.
So, congratulations for finding this online community, a group with which to share this foundational experience.
As you progress along this journey, please know that our ministry is here to support you throughout, both with FREE resources and others that are LOW COST.
You see, Bible in 90 Days is a ministry that is determined to help people read – attentively – every word of the Bible. And, so far we’ve helped churches, organizations, small groups and individuals in 49 states and 16 countries do just that.
Here are just some of the FREE ways we can help you:
* B90 Daily Message – A daily email is sent to you during the reading period to keeps you on track with: the reading schedule, words of encouragements, verses to ponder, community resources and more. Sign up: http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?m=1102593140129&p=oi
* Listen While You Read – Having the Scriptures read to you while you follow along in the Bible is a rich multi-sensory experience. For those of us who are slow readers — or tend to backtrack when reading — it also helps us maintain a steady pace. Sign up: http://www.biblein90days.org/listenwhileyouread/
IMPORTANT: You can hear Jack Modesett’s weekly lessons from the Listen While You Read section. You’ll be glad you listened.
* B90 Message Forums (Brand New)– Tell us what YOU think about your reading, as you HELP US inaugurate this new feature on our site. You might even want to become one of our volunteer moderators. Sign up: http://forums.biblein90days.org/ ·
Here are some LOW COST ways we can help:
* The Bible in 90 Days Bible – There are many good Bibles out there; you may even have several on your bookshelf. But MOST of them are NOT well suited to reading from cover to cover in 90 days. Often, the print is too small… or the translation is wonderful in small doses (but not large)… or there are great sidebars and footnotes that detract from the reading. We strongly encourage you to use the B90 Bible on your journey. If cost is the issue, please apply for a scholarship from us. We are a tiny ministry, but we want you to have a great experience journeying through God’s Word.
* The Bible in 90 Days Leader’s Kit – Our curriculum and resources have helped groups as small as TWO people to more than 1000 people read the entire Bible in community. The Leader’s Kit includes: The Leader’s Guide, weekly lessons on DVDs, The Participant’s Guide, The Essential Bible Companion, the Bible, and additional resources to help you market the course within your church or community. The curriculum is designed so that leaders need only FACILITATE. No knowledge of the Bible is necessary (though it is certainly welcome).
Finally, if there’s something that can help you on this journey that we aren’t yet supplying, please let us know. We want to help as many people as possible have this foundational Christian experience.
Okay, readers, let us know how you are doing! We want to pray for you! If you are participating in the linky, don’t forget to link back to this post in your own post so your readers can read more about the program.
And don’t forget to join us tonight on Twitter from 8-9 CST using the #B90Days hashtag.
The linky and comments will close at 2 a.m. Monday night/Tuesday morning.