Welcome to Week 2 of the Bible in 90 Days with MomsToolbox!
Whether you are up to date or a few days behind schedule, congratulations for having one week of Bible in 90 Days reading under your belt! Woo-HOOO!
I’ll ask you to check in at the end of this post. Keep reading to find out how. But first…
Where did you read this week?
This is a LOT of reading. Fitting it into your schedule can be a a bit of a challenge. My strategy this time is to read using a Kindle app on my iPad (or phone) so that I can read just about ANYWHERE… and I sure did that this week. I’ll call this my Planes, Trains and Automobiles week. Here’s how it went:
- On Day One I read while eating dinner alone on a gorgeous patio restaurant along the South Bank in London.
- I read on Day Two in the taxi on the way to Paddington Station taking me to the airport, finishing up on the train.
- For Day Three I read on the train in Paris on the way to a meeting and then read a bit more on my way back to the hotel after the meeting and got a bit ahead. (Woot!!)
- Day Four I actually read Day Five’s assignment on the airplane on the way to Madrid.
- On Day Five, I read Day Six’s assignment on the airplane taking me back home. (WOO-HOOO!!)
- Since I was ahead, and a bit jet-lagged, I didn’t read on Saturday.
- Sunday I read the Day Seven reading on my living room couch while everyone else in my house slept. It was rather peaceful!
I share this with you because I am finding that reading the Bible is a fantastic way to redeem waiting time. Travel won’t stop me from meeting this challenge!
In the past I posted SOAP posts nearly every day of the reading, but this time I am just soaking everything in, and not so worried about finding one message each day.
If this is your first time reading the Bible in 90 Days, I’d like to stress that you should try your best to focus on JUST READING. Yep, I said that. Don’t worry about journaling each day. Don’t worry about hearing a specific message every day. Don’t worry about understanding or remembering everything. Don’t try to change your life in a major way in these 90 days. Instead, just LISTEN to what He is sharing with you as you read and soak it in.
That being said, if something jumps out and GRABS YOU, feel free to make note of it somewhere.
As I was reading the assignment for Day Five, this is what grabbed me, and it grabbed me more than anything else any of the days:
The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him.
With all my travel the last 11 days (4 countries and lots of meetings!) people often asked how I was maintaining my energy level and wasn’t exhausted. Well, I think that verse pretty much says it: It was pretty amazing how He held me and energized me. He truly IS my strength and my song, and He never ceases to amaze me. I love seeing that, and leaning on Him.
I’m super proud of you for committing to this amazing challenge to spend three months in His Word, pursuing the task of reading every single word of the Bible. It’s a big job– but it is SOOOO worth it. Actually, any moment spend in the Word is worthwhile, so don’t beat yourself up too much if you’re struggling. The most important thing is to keep reading. Lean on Him. Ask Him to help you. He can be YOUR strength, too.
Week Two is usually where new readers get challenged and begin to struggle. The ‘shine’ of the challenge starts to wear off and the time begins to add up. Plan ahead to beat that before it gets you. Where will you read this week? When will you read this week? Will you read every day? Every morning? In line at the supermarket as a backup? Think about it. Pray about it.. and GO FOR IT!!
Here’s what else you need for the week ahead:
This Week’s Resources:
This Week’s Reading Schedule:
- Day 8 – Leviticus 1:1 – 14:32
- Day 9 – Leviticus 14:33 – Leviticus 26:26
- Day 10 – Leviticus 26:27 – Numbers 8:14
- Day 11 – Numbers 8:15 – Numbers 21: 7
- Day 12 – Numbers 21:8 – Numbers 32:19
- Day 13 – Numbers 32:20 – Deuteronomy 7:26
- Day 14 – Deuteronomy 8:1-Deuteronomy 23:11
For more information on the Bible in 90 Days:
- How to Read the Bible in 90 Days with MomsToolbox
- Full Bible in 90 Days reading schedule
- Official Bible in 90 Days Ministry Site
Ready to check in?
Leave a comment below this post on to let me know how it’s going. (If you get the blog post via email, please be sure to click over to the actual post and leave your note there so others can see your progress, too.)
Whether you are up to date, behind, or even just starting today, please leave some sort of comment as to how you are doing. This is the ONE accountability piece we have, and it’s super cool for everyone to see who else is reading, so please don’t skip this part. Feel free to ask for prayer or tips or encouragement and, of course, feel free to pray for an encourage the others reading. Your comment can be as short or as long as you like.. just let us know you’re here and how are you are doing in the challenge.