When I started this blog, I did so mainly because I wanted to write something and because I bought the domain name many years prior and thought I should put it to use. And my sister-in-law was blogging like crazy, loved it and encouraged me… a LOT. (She still does all of that and I am so thankful.)
A few months after I began, I found my voice while reading and writing my daily devotional, and MomsToolbox took on a new life, a life I never thought I’d be a part of. I was always the girl who got quiet during conversations about Christ, yet it wasn’t long before I was posting my daily devotional observations for the world to see. And I know it was God who directed me to do that.
I posted about other things, too, but the SOAP devotional discoveries were my mainstay and kept me growing spiritually. The blog and my readers were my accountability partner. And it worked.
Then last Fall I attended a Bible in 90 Days event and had the crazy idea to use my blog to encourage readers to read the Bible, all of it, cover to cover in 90 days along with me. I had participated in the program before, and saw the blog as unique way to share it with so many others. And many of you shared the idea with your readers and your friends and signed up for the challenge yourself. I am very excited as that challenge kicks of today. (It’s not too late to join in, by the way…)
So when Toni asked me what my blogging goals for 2010 were so I could link up with other bloggers’ goals on The Happy Housewife and Savvy Blogging, I had to think and pray. And here’s what I have come up with, in accordance with Philippians 4:8
“Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable– if anything is excellent or praiseworthy– think about such things.”
MomsToolbox.com Goals for 2010
- Publish only posts which focus on things I truly believe God would want me to focus on. (This doesn’t mean all posts have to be Biblical– they just have to be posted for the right reasons.)
- Serve as an encourager of my readers through posts and responses to comments and emails
- Grow a community of readers to read the Bible in 90 days together January 1- March 31, 2010
- Post my daily observations from my Bible reading 5-7 days a week
- Host weekly Tweet-ups Monday nights during the challenge to encourage discussion about the week’s reading
- Actively encourage and support readers in the challenge
- Celebrate victory in achieving our goal together in reading the Bible in 90 Days
- Prayerfully consider my next steps
- Present myself in an authentic light so my readers can see who I really am, while still maintaining a level of privacy and anonymity
- Remember that my family comes before MomsToolbox.com
My hope is that you will enjoy MomsToolbox and that it will enrich your life in some way. And my hope is that it will continue to enrich mine, as well.
Of course I have a few personal goals, too.
- Maintain my recent weight loss through my cycling training ‘season’ and beyond
- Joyfully complete another 2-day bike ride for MS this Spring. (The last 2 I trained for each had one day rained out!!)
- Watch my tone with my children… and convey more patience and love toward them (Ouch. But I said I wanted to be authentic here.)
- Be a more pro-active helper for my husband.
Okay, that’s it for now. What about you? Any goals you’d like to share?