Brownies in the waffle iron? Oh yes… watch and see. (Recipe and why I decided to give them a try to follow the video.)
When I was at The Happy Housewife’s house this summer, she decided to make chocolate chip cookies in her waffle iron and they actually worked! They tasted great, were simple to make and were also faster than waiting for the oven to preheat and pans of cookies to bake. Plus they were just fun.. and shouldn’t dessert be fun?
So I had to give it a try myself, but with a twist: Waffle Iron Brownies!
Recipe: Waffle Iron Brownies
- Brownie batter (I used a mix from a box.)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Waffle iron
- Ice cream scoop
- Heat the waffle iron.
- Spray top and bottom of waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop 2 scoops of batter in each section of the waffle iron.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Slide out with a spatula, cool and enjoy!
- If you really want a yummy treat, add a scoop of ice cream!
This recipe is linked to Tasty Tuesday.